By Xiaoyu Sun
This ebook presents a concise creation to the chinese language heritage, protecting decades span extending from antiquity throughout the overthrow of the Qing Dynasty. old sessions elaborated contain the pre-Qin interval; the Qin and Han Dynasties; the Wei, Jin, and Southern and northerly Dynasties; the Tang, track, and Yuan Dynasties; and the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Written by means of a bunch of historians from the celebrated chinese language Academy of Social Sciences, the publication has integrated a few of the most modern examine findings within the box of chinese language historic studies.
- All significant chinese language dynasties are lined in a concise demeanour. Encounters with the trendy period also are explored, in addition to beginning with the traditional Age in China.
- The authors offer most up-to-date study findings, giving perception to the interesting chinese language history.
- This publication additionally good points many appropriate images and illustrations to aid readers comprehend the themes better.
1. the traditional Age.
2. japanese Zhou Dynasty.
3. The Qin and Han Dynasties.
4. The Wei, Jin, and Southern and northerly Dynasties.
5. The Tang, track, and Yuan Dynasties.
6. The Ming and Qing Dynasties.
7. The past due Qing Dynasty and the Republic of China.
Read or Download A Chinese History Reader PDF
Similar china books
A brand new background of Christianity in China, written through one of many world's the top writers on Christianity in China, appears at Christianity's lengthy background in China, its terribly fast upward push within the final half the 20 th century, and charts its destiny course.
<ul type="disc">* presents the 1st entire history of Christianity in China, an enormous, understudied region in either Asian experiences and spiritual heritage
* strains the transformation of Christianity from an imported, Western faith to a completely chinese language faith
* Contextualizes the expansion of Christianity in China inside nationwide and native politics
* bargains a portrait of the advanced non secular scene in China at the present time
* Contrasts China with different non-Western societies the place Christianity is surging
Usually, political scientists and economists have noticeable China as a unmarried entity and company humans have obvious China as a unmarried marketplace. This ebook demanding situations the thought of a centralised and unified China, and descriptions how provinces are taking over new fiscal and political roles, compelled upon them via decentralisation.
This e-book presents a concise advent to the chinese language background, masking decades span extending from antiquity throughout the overthrow of the Qing Dynasty. old sessions elaborated contain the pre-Qin interval; the Qin and Han Dynasties; the Wei, Jin, and Southern and northerly Dynasties; the Tang, tune, and Yuan Dynasties; and the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
This ebook discusses the jobs of civil society within the initiation level of democratization in China. It argues that there's a semi-civil society in China and that this quasi-civil society that performs twin roles within the preliminary level of democratisation in China. It makes a contribution to current theories on democratic services of civil society by way of making use of, trying out, revising and constructing those theories within the context of chinese language democratization.
- Battles of Ancient China
- Perspektiven der Modernisierung: Die Pariser Weltausstellung, die Arbeiterbewegung, das koloniale China in europaischen und amerikanischen Kulturzeitschriften Um 1900 (Neue Abhandlungen Der Akademie Der Wissenschaften Zu Gottingen, Volume 8)
- China's Great Leap: The Beijing Games and Olympian Human Rights Challenges
- Modernizing China's military : progress, problems, and prospects
Additional info for A Chinese History Reader
As the Qi state was adjacent to the sea in the east, Guan Zhong encouraged the trades of ﬁshing and salt production, appointed salt and iron ofﬁcials, and used state power to encourage the production of salt and iron. He organized mintage and drafted regulations, and placed emphasis on the development of commerce and the handicrafts industry. He adopted a policy of “qing zhong jiu fu zhi,” meaning that the government would buy or sell products in accordance with the requirement of the people and the good or poor harvest of the crops, so as to regulate the prices of goods and accumulate national revenue.
It is considered a representative work of the bronze culture at the height of the Shang Dynasty’s power. The large-scale standing bronze ﬁgure found in the Sanxingdui ruins is the representative work of the bronze culture in the Shu area during the Shang Dynasty. It is 226 cm high and weighs over 180 kg. It was made using the technique of casting by segments. In recent years, many bronze wares of the Western Zhou Dynasty have also been excavated. For example, nearly 5,000 pieces of bronzeware were excavated from the Guo state grave in Henan Province, including 180 pieces of bronze ritual wares, and many other bronze tools and cart decorations.
In the late Spring and Autumn Period, Chu moved its capital from Ying (near present-day Jiangling, Hubei Province) to Ruo (now Yicheng, Hubei Province). In the late Warring States, under successive strikes by Qin troops, the territory of Chu was slowly annexed by Qin, forcing Chu to move its capital to Chen (present-day Huaiyang, Henan) and ﬁnally to Shouchun in Shouyang, Anhui Province. Under the reign of Duke Xiao, the state of Qin was transformed from a backward state into one that surpassed the other six states as a result of a series of reforms.